It's winter and we know you'd just love to curl up by the fire with a cup of coffee (whiskey?) and some cozy chaps. That's why we're very pleased to announce our 2013 Winter Series. Here's the menagerie:
- There's a free-form translation of Virgil's Aeneid (from books 1 & 2) by David Hadbawnick. Included in the chapbook are gorgeous images by Carrie Kaser.
- T's Alphabet is a fascinating procedural approach to Thoreau's writings by Adam Fagin.
- Doug MacPherson's Sheep Dip Excerpts delights us with a creative translation of O Guardador de Rebanhos by Fernando Pessoa.
- The Pastoral City by Matt Reeck examines the world as a fit home for its inhabitants.
- Forrest Roth gives us The Sullen Pages: A Veneer Pastoral, built around an archaic pastoral theme, using primarily the lack of referents to revisit and undermine the traditional genteel pastoral.
- Finally, LRLTS is releasing by 2 mini-chaps by editor, Dawn Pendergast.